Last week, we took Shreya on her third major trip. This time we travelled to Seattle. Tom was visiting Microsoft Research for a week, to do some work with a collaborator. Shreya and I just went along for the ride, among other reasons because I'd never been to Seattle. Of course, in practical terms, I still haven't seen much of the region: during the week, Tom worked all day, and Shreya and I, somewhat transportless, hung out and played either in the hotel or in nearby playgrounds. In the evenings, in principle we could've seen some sights, if we had wanted to skip dinner for the purpose (since restaurants in Redmond seemed to close very early. I suppose this might not have been the case in the city, but in any case we did not find out.) That left Saturday to do touristy stuff, but of course the weather, which had been pretty nice if a bit chilly all week, decided not to cooperate. So, in the end, we skipped going to Mt. Rainier or any of the other attractions and just wandered around Pike Place Market (which Tom points out
is an attraction) for some time and spent the day with Tom's collaborator and his wife. So in short, it was an enjoyable week, but uneventful. Here are some pictures.
On the flight out, Shreya attacks a packet of peanuts.

Playing at the hotel.

At Nikhil and Megha's Shreya was fascinated by the coffee table.

Mirrors, mirrors on the wall...
I think the reflection photo ends any doubt as to the color of Shreya's eyes. She has beautiful brown eyes.
ReplyDelete