Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Our Little Monkey

As I mentioned in my previous post, Shreya has been doing a lot of climbing. I did eventually manage to get the following video of her climbing into her car seat (although not of her doing up the buckles). Notice that she is comfortable performing this trick with a pretzel in one hand. She did ask for a little help on this climb; I don't know if it was on account of the pretzel or because she is self-conscious on film. Usually she can do the whole thing on her own, even if the photographic record doesn't show that.


Seats, at the dinner table or in the car, are by no means the only things Shreya has been climbing though. I was really not ready for her to be grown-up enough to climb this play structure at the park, and the first few times she did it, my heart thumped so hard  I could hardly hear anything else. I followed her around with my arms outstretched below her, ready to catch her if (when?) she missed her footing. However her personality is such that when she learns to do a new thing she keeps doing it many, many times, to the exclusion of all other activities until she is quite good. So after the first twenty or so times, I stopped holding my breath and felt confident enough to use the camera instead. Tom, who wasn't present to witness this, expressed disbelief at my filming this rather than imitating a safety net! The following week, he came along and made his own video. Here they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment