Sunday, June 20, 2010

The blog returns

I realized with a shock that it has been nearly a month since I last posted something here! (And much longer since I posted anything about Shreya...) There are a number of reasons for this: we moved houses, we didn't have internet access for a while at our new place, even after we got it, we were (and in fact still are) behind on so many things we need to do, one thing after another. But somehow I hadn't realized quite how much of Shreya's life was going undocumented. So in the next few weeks, I'm going to try to bring this blog up to the present (not chronologically though -- this has always been a somewhat loosely ordered timeline, so why change that now?)

That being said, I'm not actually going to embark on this tonight, because it is late, and one of the things I am behind on is downloading recent pictures from the camera to the computer! But for now, here is a picture of Shreya, as a promise of more to come.

The friend who hosted our last playgroup (and sent me this picture) was intrepid enough to organize a painting session for the kids. All the little ones painted picture frames to present to their dads for Father's Day. Here is a picture of Shreya with the frame that she painted (and I did not help her with this; it is her own effort). As you can see, she has also painted her tummy, her wrists, her diaper, and the table! All that creative effort has caused her hair to escape her ponytail. This is the picture that is going to go in the frame that she painted. Tom is pleased as punch with his gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment