One of Shreya's favorite games for some time now is Standing on Mommy's Lap (she also loves the variants involving Mommy's Tummy and Mommy's Chest and (featured below in a picture from almost two months ago!) Mommy's Face, and of course Daddy's Lap/Tummy/Chest; not sure if Daddy lets her stand on his face.This afternoon after a snack, we were playing Standing on Mommy's Lap, and Shreya was practicing for a newer version in which instead of just standing, she dances.
You pick your right foot Up .
You put your right foot Down.
You pick your left foot Up
And then you put it Down.
Bend your knees. Straighten out. Shake your hips. Smile.
That's what it's all about!
(ok, ok, I see that I've messed up the rhyme and the meter, but this is not Hokey Pokey, this is a New Game)
We don't already have a video recording of this, but I hope we can capture it before she stops doing it!
Anyway, after dancing for a while, suddenly Shreya took on a puzzled expression for a second, and then leaned forward slightly and deposited some very sticky, mucus-y spit-up right onto Mommy's clean pants. And then (did I imagine this?!) she looked at it, then looked up at me with twinkle in her eye and a smile, and then (didn't imagine this!) picked up her right foot and put it determinedly down in the slimy mess before I could stop her. OK. Game Over. Time for cleanup.
No comments:
Post a Comment